Wednesday 15 December 2010

My main idea for the theme of my music magazine

My initial idea's for my music magazine are to make the genre, a genre which I am personally interested in. After many plans and idea's, I came to the conclusion that I would use the genre 'pop music'.

Pop music is sometimes looked past and to many people seen as a joke and the people within this are seen as talentless.

When choosing which music magazines to analysis I tried to focus on using pop related magazines or which showed figures which where classed as being within the genre of pop music. I mainly focused on the character 'Lady Gaga' as she is within the pop industry and is a very strong and influencing character within this.


When I think of pop music, I automatically think of boy bands and girl bands, these are two of the most stereotypical things which are included in pop music. Therefore I think that the main audience of the genre of pop music are, girls 9 - 17 this is the stereotypical age. But in my opinion I think that any age can like pop music, boys and girls of all ages.


There are many magazines which are currently in publication which support this genre. Some of these are: Smash hits, Q, NME, vibe and X factor magazine. These all include current pop issue's and show people who are influential to people who read these magazines.


No comments:

Post a Comment